On this website (“www.bigmachinery.nl”), BIG Machinery B.V. (“we”) uses various cookies. This Cookie Statement explains what cookies are, what they do and which cookies we use at BIG Machinery B.V.
Where this Cookie Statement refers to “computers”, this includes computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices with access to the Internet. We may amend this Cookie Statement from time to time. For example, if new partner websites become affiliated or if there is a change in the legislation. We therefore advise you to check this page regularly when you visit www.bigmachinery.nl.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small, simple file that is sent along with the pages of www.bigmachinery.nl and that is stored on the hard disc of your computer by your browser. The information stored in the cookie can then be resent to our servers when you visit our website again.
If you select ”I refuse”, only functional and anonymized cookies will be loaded. In all cases, www.bigmachinery.nl complies with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Functional cookies are currently necessary to enable a website to function. An example of a functional cookie is tracking the products that a visitor adds to their shopping cart. Cookies are also placed on your device if you select ‘remain logged in’ when you log in. When you visit the website at a later time, you will automatically be logged in, which many users find highly convenient. These examples fall within the category functional cookies. Under the law, the placing of functional cookies does not require permission from the user.
Analytical cookies record how our visitors use the website. This information allows the use of the website to be analysed and reports and statistics to be generated.
www.bigmachinery.nl uses Google Analytics. If you opt not to agree to the cookies, Google Analytics will be used anonymously.
Tracking cookies, or marketing cookies, are cookies that are used within a domain (website) or across different domains (websites) to record the surfing behaviour of the visitors. Targeted offers can then be created using this information. To track personal data, permission is required from the data subject. www.bigmachinery.nl does not use tracking cookies for the tracking of personal data.
Via www.bigmachinery.nl, cookies are placed by the American company Google, as part of their “Analytics” service. We use this service to monitor and to receive reports about how visitors use www.bigmachinery.nl. Google will only issue this information to third parties where it is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no influence over this.
An overview of all the cookies that we place via www.bigmachinery.nl can be found at the bottom of the page.
The refusal and deletion of cookies/ cookie history
If you have selected ‘I refuse’, but you did accept the cookies previously, these cookies will no longer be placed from that point on. If you also wish to delete your cookie history, you can do so in the manner described below for the different browsers. You can also refuse many cookies individually or collectively via this website.
Deleting cookies in Chrome:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner. Click on History > History > Clear browsing data.
- At the top of the menu ‘Clear browsing data’ you have the option to delete browsing data from the time of first use up to and including the past hour. Below you can choose which items you wish to delete. In any case, select ‘Cookies and other site and plug-in data’.
- Click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
Deleting cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Remove stored cookies and data > Manage website data > Remove all.
Deleting cookies in Firefox:
- Click on the three dashes in the top right corner, click on Options > Privacy > Remove individual cookies.
- Click on ‘Remove all’.
Deleting cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner > Settings Under ‘Clear browsing data’ click on the option ‘Choose what to clear’.
- Select the cookies (preselected) > Click on the button ‘Clear’.
Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the cog in the top right corner > choose Internet options > General tab. Under ‘Browsing history’ click ‘Delete’.
- You do not wish to delete everything? Then select ‘Cookies and Website Data’ and click on ‘Delete’.
More information about cookies?
Further information about cookies can be found on the website of the Consumer Association: What are cookies? and Deleting cookies.
On www.bigmachinery.nl we utilize the following cookies:
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used to measure the speed of the request.||Maximum 1 minute|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish between users||Maximum 24 hours|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Analytical cookie which measures website visits and is used to distinguish between visitors (anonymously).||Maximum 2 years|